The Anne Worthington Coleman Memorial Scholarship was established to assist members of Main Street Baptist Church with some of the expenses related to continuing education beyond high school. To be considered for assistance, you must have a 2.0 GPA and present the following information to the church secretary or the Deacon Les Moore, no later than Wednesday, June 8th, 2022. Previous applicants only need to complete steps 1,3,4,8, and 9 of this application.
A complete scholarship application includes:
- 1. A copy of high school transcripts (1st time applicants only).
- 2. A copy of college transcript(s). This can be unofficial.
- 3. A schedule of classes on school letterhead for the upcoming semester or quarter. First time applicants only-a copy of the college acceptance letter is needed.
- 4. Copies of all financial aid award letters or a letter from the college/university stating that you do not qualify for financial aid.
- 5. One page typed essay stating career goals, plan to meet goals, why you would like to receive this scholarship.
- 6. Two typewritten character reference letters from individuals, other than relatives, that know your potential for post high school education or technical training.
- 7. A student bio form (see the attached) to be used in Sunday morning program.
- 8. A recent photo.
Applicants will be contacted by telephone for a scheduled interview, which will be conducted in the month of June. Please let us know during the interview if you will be present to receive your award on Scholarship Sunday, which will be held on Sunday July 24th. Students (active Church participants) planning to attend a college or university anytime during the 2022-2023 academic year are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, please direct them to Deacon Les Moore (859) 396-8359.
In order to receive disbursements for second semester or quarter, you must send a copy of your transcript showing a GPA of 2.0 or better and a letter from the college/university verifying enrollment to the church office or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the transcript and verification of enrollment is received the student will be notified (via email) to pick up their check in the church office or that the check has been sent directly to the school (if previously requested for the church office to mail)
Anne Worthington Coleman Scholarship Committee
“There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.”